administrators (basic) This page explains how to download and install Pm Wiki 2.0. Here's a list of related pages:
- Requirements - Requirements for installing Pm Wiki.
- Upgrades - How to upgrade an existing installation.
- WikiFarms - Running multiple wikis from a single installation.
- ChangeLog - New features and bug fixes that are available.
Installing Pm Wiki
2. Unpack the archive (
tar zxvf pmwiki-latest.tgz or
unzip pmwiki-latest.zip). This will create a pmwiki-x.y.z directory containing the Pm Wiki software. For example, the current "latest" should unpack to a directory named "pmwiki-2.1.beta5". The files in this directory include:
COPYING The GNU General Public License local/ A directory for local configuration scripts pmwiki.php Main Pm Wiki script pub/ Directory of publicly accessible files css/ Directory for generic .css files skins/ Directory of layout templates (skins) sample-config.php A sample configuration file scripts/ Some scripts that extend the possibilities of Pm Wiki wikilib.d/ Directory containing some default Pm Wiki files cookbook/ A directory for recipes obtained from the Cookbook.
3. The pmwiki-x.y.z directory needs to be placed into a location accessible by your webserver (e.g., in a public_html directory of some sort). You can place files and directories using a number of methods -- FTP, or a Unix
cp command generally does the job.
chmod 777 wiki.d"). Use this method when "safe mode" is activated in the servers PHP installation.
chmod 2777 .
chmodcommand also works in many FTP programs. Creating wiki.d/ in this manner will (1) make the directory writable so the web server can create the data directory it needs for the wiki files, (2) preserve group ownership of the directory so the installer account can manipulate the files created in this directory, and (3) make it more difficult for other accounts on the same server to access the files in wiki.d/.
Important: If you used method 4b, you should reset permissions by executing "
chmod 755 ." in the directory containing pmwiki.php.
7. If you want to use Pm Wiki in a different language download the international language pack as zip archive (i18n.zip) or as gzipped tarball (i18n.tgz) from http://www.pmwiki.org/pub/pmwiki/. Then extract it and copy the files into the wikilib.d/ directory as described above
- If using the Unix tar command to unpack the archive in step 2 above, be sure that the files are created with sufficient permissions for the webserver to be able to access them. Usually you can ensure this by typing
umask 002on the command line before unpacking the tar file.
- Many admins add an index.php file in the pmwiki directory that contains the following single line:
?>" is omitted on purpose to be compatible with some operating systems that are confused by extra newlines.
- When installing on windows you should take a look at Cookbook:SimuleditWithoutPopen. Because on windows the default handling of simultaneous edits is not possible, the necessary command
diff3simply does not exist on windows systems.