You may have many documents that you would like to use a local program to format in a format pmWiki can display.
You could open each document and copy/paste the content to new pmwiki pages or you could format the document in advance and upload it using a ftp client.
Only two lines are necessary in a Pm Wiki page file:
%0aand any percent signs replaced with
%25. Alternately, one can use a different character sequence for newlines by doing
- version of Pm Wiki used to create the file
- character used for newlines
- browser used when saving page
- last author to save page
- host created this page
- name of the page (e.g.,
- number of times the page has been edited
- targets for links in the page
- time the page was last saved (seconds since 1 Jan 1970 00:00 UTC)
A simple way to create a wikipage file to for distribution (for example with a recipe or a skin) is to create the page with PmWiki and then use a text editor to delete all lines but version, text, and time. Example:
version=pmwiki-2.0.0 ordered=1 urlencoded=1 text=This is a line.%0aThis is another. time=1124826105