What is Holomind and How does Consciousness (Mind) emerge at all levels of Reality? Science started to explore the way the brain organized itself that resembled how a physical hologram is constructed in the 1960s. But the mind itself has given humans of all cultures maps of holographic mind for thousands of years. Science started to explore the way the brain organized itself in the 1960s comparing it with the way a physical hologram is constructed. But the mind itself has given humans of all cultures maps of holographic mind for thousands of years. ...
mind? Designs Of Mind!
THOSE MAPS ARE CALLED MUSIC, THE ARTS AND RELIGION!
The holographic paradigm answers many questions:
- how can total information be distributed throughout the brain.
- How can the same totality be experienced from many viewpoints.
- Why do all activities emerge in phase space code such as Music, Language and even Games [only one example being Solitaire]!
- These phase codes are exactly how physical holography works!
- We have used these phase coding principles in AM and FM radio.
Design of Being Human and Mind is based on the same process that creates holograms!See Demonstration of holographic process (old: home1)
| This diagram shows how a hologram is made. |
There is an important difference between a photograph and a hologram: a photograph consists of pixels which, combined, show the original image - a hologram consists of wave interference patterns which describe or "encode" the original object. It requires an additional step of creating the projection to make the object visible again.
Reflected Light from an object.
After the Coherent light illuminates an object, the resulting reflection becomes incoherent, but indexed by the original coherent source. The next step of this process is to recombine this reflected light that now contains information about a single point of the object with the original source of coherence and capture the resulting interference pattern on film. Thus a part of the coherent source is used as a canvas to store the picture.
Unlike our eyes or a camera, this process does not focus the light returning from a single point of the object to a single point on the canvas. The light from each single point spreads out to connect with each point of the canvas: thus each portion of the hologram contains the whole picture. If a holographic film is cut into small portions, you would view the same complete scene when the coherent source illuminates any portion. The smaller portions would become fuzzy due to loss of detail.
But not in a way that can be observed as we do a photo or looking with our eyes. The original coherent source must be shined thru the holographic film at the original angle to reconstruct the picture of the object. Thus by changing the angle that the source hits the film, more than one picture can be recorded on a single film. Also as the viewer changes their viewing angle, the objects of the picture change their positions relative to each other in the same way as moving within a real-life scene.
When this process is biological it is experienced as consciousness or memory. Thus holographic mind [holomind] can have many viewpoints and many levels of resolution from very broad inclusive general [complete], but fuzzy pictures, to pictures with many levels of detail. Thus each broad picture that forgets the details would emerge from a restricted single viewpoint!!
Holomind is written and indexed by Phase Codes.
The phase is changed by the contours of the image: closer parts advance the phase and farther parts retard the phase. It is within the time dimension, so clocks can be a model. It is as if the coherent light is millions of clocks all set to the same time. The clocks that reflect off the object move ahead or behind according to the part of the image they reflect. Clocks are but one example of "alphabets" used to index information just as coherent light of the same source is needed to reconstruct!
- Games (eg. Solitaire)
- Coding in AM/FM radio
- Pribram believes the brain is itself a hologram.
- http://www.sgmt.at/ReferE/Hologram.htm (site seems to be down at 2005-01-06, on -07 its up again)
- Comment: Talking about Maps, isn't this better in "About Coherence And Maps" ?
- Comment "..whitin and of..." creates a complicated sentence, you try to explain "recursion"
- Removed: !!The first holograms used coherent light produced by lasers.\\ Coherence is represented by 4 photons on the left: the phases of the waves are all lined up as if clocks were all set to the same start time. \\ Incoherence is represented by 4 photons on the right: the phases of the waves are NOT lined up as if clocks were set to different start times.
<< How Does Mind Work | Sitemap | WhatIsAHologramAndTheHolographicUniverse >>